December is a month to be in blanket, wake-up late and enjoy sunlight, but also the month for travelers that amalgamates budgetary tours due to off season with chill. Tripping in December can bring offbeat experience that you been waiting for since long.
AmTrending brings you the top 5 gorgeous destinations in India that that are best to visit in December, especially around Christmas and New Year time:
1. Dawki (Meghalaya): Lets start from the remote one which is not really in North India but in one of the seven sisters state in North East, but worth spending time in reaching there. Dawki is all time beautiful but becomes heaven in December with a pleasant temperature ranging from 12 to 20 degrees. Unmgot river in Dawki is popularly known all Asia-Pacific wide for its clearest and purest water. The water is so clear that a boat floating on it looks like flying over water. Not just this river is an attraction, but there are some festivals organized in December – Tysim Festival, Pinjera Festival, Williamnagar Festival and Tura Winter Festival, that also can be attended.
2. Shimla (Himachal Pradesh) – The Queen of Hill Stations turns into the most romantic place in India. If your luck is with you, you can experience Shimla turning into while all around during last week of December. If you are there with your loved one, just take a colonial walk through the snow floors and surely you will feel immense pleasure. In case you are an offbeat traveler and want to avoid crowd, take a ride from Shimla to Chail town. Chail is an immense peace and erotic as well.
3. Auli (Uttrakhand) is the highest skiing point of Asia so if skiing thrills you, make a trip to Auli which get snow covered in December. In January, National Championship of skiing is held in Auli which is a must attend for adventure lovers. You can make a trip that starts in December last week till 3rd – 4th Jan of next year.
4. Rann of Kutch (Gujarat) becomes so alive in December with loads of celebrations including Kutch Festival. The entire salt desert turns into blue under the moonlit sky. A stay at a tent in the outskirts of Dhordo village is an enchanting experience.
5. Udaipur (Rajasthan) has perfect scenic places for you that are best to visit in December. December is cold here because of surroundings hills but the lakes nullifies the extreme effects. The city of lakes – Udaipur has magnificent gifts of palaces and lakes like Lace Palance, Fateh Sagar Lake, Monsoon Palace and Jag Mandir.
If you are an art lover, then plan your trip around Shilpgram Arts and Crafts Festival and explore some traditional craft.