Recently Facebook launched another wonderful feature on its app – Facebook Live, which is totally free to use and gathering good response from its users. Broadcasting live on social media platforms is the latest frontier. Not just individuals but also for small businesses, live-streaming is immense helpful in reaching and interacting the audience in real time that helps to establish the brand for free of cost.
AmTrending brings to you the top 5 live-streaming applications which are free to use and are available on Play and Apple stores:
1. Facebook Live: Facebook Live not just lets you broadcast yourself or your event live using your smartphone’s inbuilt camera but also you can interact with your viewers in real time. It also provides you a quick insights of the number of viewers watching live and the best part is your (or your page’s) followers get notified when you go live. And of course this is free of cost.
2. Periscope: Periscope is developed by Twitter. When you are live, it will notify all your followers, also you can tweet out a link that directs your followers to the live screen. Like Facebook, Periscope also makes your video available for next 24hrs after your broadcast is over. And the best feature is the user can customize to make the video available for public or only to few selected users.
3. YouNow: Another wonderful app to broadcast yourself live with the features of live chat and promote your content. YouNow also allows the users to buy a gift to their favorite broadcaster. YouNow also working on original content and recently launched two food-related shows.
4. Ustream: Ustream is more than a live broadcasting application. This is considered best live-streaming platform for large broadcasters and enterprise marketers. Ustream hosts 2 million live videos every month. NASA TV is one of the big names that use Ustream platform to host their videos. The broadcaster can add graphics, presentations etc. that make Ustream more professional than any other platform for enterprise broadcasters.
5. Stringwire: Stringwire is cool in many ways like users can hook up their Stringwire accounts to YouTube and can live stream there. Another great feature with Stringwire is you can create your own channel and invite others to live on it and manage the broadcasts. Even there are more advanced features that you will love to experiment with.