We all know and have been using Google as the most popular search engine giant but it offers more much than just a search engine. Here is a collection of 10 amazing things Google can do:
- If somebody searches “I want to commit suicide” on Google, he/she gets a lifeline suicide helpline number of his/her country, above all the search results. Yes.. Google doesn’t want you to commit suicide.
2. A young girl whose father works in Google wrote a letter to Google asking for a day off to her father as it was his birthday. See below what she wrote:
Now, see what she gets back from Google:
3. Go to Google Maps. Click on the satellite view and zoom out as much as possible. You can see an amazing view of earth with real time shadows. You can see real time clouds if you zoom in twice. Pretty amazing, right?
4. Since 2010, Google has been acquiring one company per week. Isn’t it … OMG! ?
5. Like Google Earth.. Google has “Google Mars” where you can see a map of Mars. Cool, right?
6. If a current Google employee working in Google headquarters pass away, their surviving spouse or domestic partner will receive cheque for 50% of the salary every year for the next decade.
7. To make the premises looking environment friendly and eco-friendly, Google HQ rents goats from California Grazing to mow their lawns and fields. The employees think that it’s a lot cuter to watch goats do the mowing than lawn mowers.
8. Do you know Google is a wedding planner? Yes, you heard it right. You can go on Google Wedding Planner and plan your wedding.
9. Google Sky Maps allows you to view stars, constellations, galaxies and planets. Check out Google Sky. Did you know this?
10. Last but not the least, you can set timer on Google. Search “Timer” on google and you get the feature. Set a time and when the time is over, it will alarm you with sound. Isn’t it helpful?